Monday, February 9, 2009

I think my blog is schizophrenic

Or maybe it has multiple personality disorder. What do I know? Despite anything I may have claimed over a pomegranate martini, I have not been to med school.

You may have noticed that when you come to my blog, you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes I write pensive or spiritually-oriented posts; other times I write silly or sarcastic humor-column wannabes. Sometimes, I skip the thinking altogether and just post pictures of my kids and add a little mommy tripe.

So, now I have a question for you, dear readers. Yes, both of you. Should I split this into two blogs? One "serious and spiritual" and one "funny at least to Becky," or should I just leave it as it is? Does it annoy you never to know what you'll get when you click on my blog, or do you just skip the stuff you don't like?

Let me know. It's important to me what my readers think. I would hate to alienate either of you. Especially the one that's not my mom.

14 comments:

Nikki said...

Becky,
I enjoy reading your blog no matter what the topic. I think you are an excellent writer & really enjoy it. I vote "no" on splitting it up cause then it would just add one more click that I would have to do to read both blogs :)

My Happy Homestead said...

I think your blog reflects life...sometimes life is silly, sometimes serious, sometimes we're spiritual and other times we're just moms...because we are.... So, personally, I like it all wrapped up into one great package!!!

ps. whatever you decide, I will read your blog(s) :)

Jawan said...

You asked so I'll give. No, I wouldn't start another blog. The main reason being that you will feel pulled between the two, one might get boring or not posted to as often, you'll struggle with what to share where, and......the same people will probably be reading both! Keep it all in one!

kim said...

i like you, i mean your blog just the way it is.

(comment from 2 posts ago while im here: you sure you have walmart in your part of pa?)

Theresa Garcia said...

Don't start another blog. You will end up only updating one and ignoring the other. Plus, I like feeling like I am getting all of Becky in one blog. It is you in words. I like.

Tonya said...

I like it just the way it is. I always enjoy reading your blog. I totally get your sense of humor and your insights on living a Christian life. Don't change a thing! :-)

beckygiggles said...

I love random! We're all a little schizo when it comes down to it anyway.

Anonymous said...

Please keep it the same...I love it!

The Foster Family said...

I vote for the same!! It's always fun to read.

CM and JM said...

yikes, don't make me check two- plus we love the variety!! This is the only blog JJ actually checks because he thinks its hilarious (the silly ones!).

Michelle said...

I agree with everyone else. Life is just as you blog. Everyone goes through different points and different ways of feeling every day and your blog reflects that.

beck'sthree said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. The comments about how I would probably only stay up-to-date on one and would be a total slacker on the other show how well some of you know me. A valid point, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Keep it the same!!! I love all of it!
Davina

Anonymous said...

I love you, Beck. Thanks for saving me from another potential night of studying, and more than that, for making me laugh.

e