Saturday, February 7, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday




1.

I know it's not Friday, but what can I say? I'm a little off in more ways than just the date.

2.

I love that my kids call Redi-Whip "whippy cream." I think I'll keep it even if they start saying it correctly.

3.

A couple of days ago I walked into my bedroom and found Lauren ankle-deep in cotton balls.

Joshua was yelling, "MOM! Lauren dumped out your whole bag of fake marshmallows!"

Yes, I keep them hidden in my bathroom drawer for those times I have fake sugar cravings.

4.

Joshua missed two days of school this week thanks to Gaggy Cough Fest 2009. Yesterday when I was writing a note asking the school to excuse his absences, I had one of those moments when one's idiotic vanity comes shining through.

I re-wrote his note four times because I really hate my handwriting. I know . . . sad. But, in my defense, he's in kindergarten, and handwriting's a big deal there, you know. I don't want my kid being prejudiced against because of his mom's lousy handwriting. Just lookin' out for my kid, that's all.

5.

Lauren sings constantly. All day long, she plays and makes up songs. A few days ago, this is what she was singing (perfectly to the tune of "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing:"

". . . and then the people were very afraid.
But, God told them not to be afraid
If they were they would get in trouble.
They would not get to eat any treats . . ."

She seems to have inherited my songwriting skills. And my astounding grasp of theology.

6.

At the moment she is really trying to get my attention. She wants me to be her ballet teacher. Amazingly, I am able to keep her happy with the following:

Me: Go to the living room and do four twirls.
She does so.
Lauren: Mommy, I did it. What do I do now?
Me: Go to your room and do six toe-touches.
She does so.
Lauren: Mommy, I did six. Now what?
Me: Go do 11 hops, then twirl three times . . .


It's sort of like Fetch, only better. I know, I should write parenting books, right?


7.

My mom is coming over today to help me throw out a bunch of David's stuff clean out the garage. Once that's done, I should be able to start packing and actually have a place to put the boxes. Inspection is on Tuesday, so once that's done, I will start to pack this place up. Move-out is in T-27 days!

No comments: