Monday, October 19, 2009

Friday: A Timeline

10:30 am: I decide to go to they gym but discover that my already dilapidated sneakers are now cutting into the back of my ankle causing me pain. Realizing I cannot wear these, I decide to go to Olean to get some new sneakers.

Olean is an hour away, so while I'm there I will make a stop at Old Navy, the dry cleaners, and the grocery store. This will take a few hours, so I decide to pick Lauren up from preschool early so I can make it back before the boys get home at 3:00.

10:45: I pick up Lauren and decide to go to Olean via a different route since Lauren's school is in that direction. I have never been this way before.

11:05: Begin to worry that I passed my turn because I don't think it's suppose to be this far out. Can't call anyone because there is, of course, no cell reception. Decide to turn around. Also my "check engine" light comes on. Also it's snowing.

11:10: Finally reach a road/driveway in which to turn around.

11:35: Get back into town and decide to trade cars with David since I don't know why my check engine light is on. And it's snowing.

11:40: Finish transferring Lauren, Lauren's carseat, and the bags of laundry for the dry cleaner to David's car. In the snow. Turn on David's car to discover he has no gas. Since I remember him telling me on MONDAY that he had no gas, I know he must REALLY have no gas.

11:50: Finish pumping gas.

11:53: Pull through McDonald's to get a drink for my daughter who has been whining about being thirsty since I picked her up over an hour ago.

11:55: Leave McDonald's and head to Olean the way I know.

12:03: Lauren begins crying that she "weally has to go potty!"

12:10: Stop at our church so Lauren can use the bathroom.

12:15: Get in car and head home because I no longer have time to get to Olean, do all I need to do, and get back before the boys get home.

Tell me again why anyone would choose to live an hour away from Walmart.

1 comment:

Lenae said...

"Tell me again why anyone would choose to live an hour away from Walmart."

For good blog material? :)