Friday, October 9, 2009





1.

This is what my mountain looks like now. I love seasons.





2.

Joshua lost another tooth at school this week. He has now lost six teeth, three of them at school. He wants to put all of his lost teeth in a container to save and make something with. (He also tries to collect the clippings when he gets a haircut because he wants to make a wig. I always check his pockets before we leave the salon.) So, it is really a shame for this kid that he got me for a mom. I just do not have the ability to keep up with and hold on to things for sentimental reasons. I definitely did not throw his teeth away. At least not on purpose. I just can't exactly remember what I did with them. "Them" would include the teeth he lost last year in Georgia as well as the one he lost two weeks ago. It must suck to be my kid sometimes.

3.

I'm pretty sure he gets the creativity from his dad. David is a model railroader. Yes, apparently, there are people under age 65 who participate in this obsession hobby.

He is working on making a mountain right now for the trains to tunnel through. Having lived with David for almost a decade now, it does not surprise me to walk into the kitchen and find a giant pot full of boiling trees.



4.

I saw this ad in a magazine the other day, and really I think whatever marketing genius came up with it should be fired. Who brings up great abs when trying to persuade a person to buy a quesadillas? "Hmmm, I was going to have some melted cheese wrapped up in bread tonight, but now that you reminded me about wanting great abs . . ."



5.

We are taking a trip to Harrisburg soon, and I am trying to make a list of all the things I need to get while we are there.

Of course, there are the usual things we've always needed and just can't buy here: new jeans, underwear for my finicky son, a towel rack for one of the bathrooms.

Then there are the things we've never needed before: snow boots, long johns, parkas, snow pants.

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

6.

We live very close to the local high school, and my kids love to see the marching band go by our house when they practice. Gotta love small towns. (The older girl is one of many neighbor kids who practically live at our house when not in school.)



Speaking of small towns and schools, can I just say how awesome it is that my son is in public school and has SEVENTEEN kids in his first grade class? You can't get that small a class in most private schools these days!

7.

Pops, are you coming?

4 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

I love your trees! And your husband's trees :) Heh.

Have fun shopping for winter stuff!

Carol DD - CA said...

When I read your blog I miss Blaine! I love small towns too. You'll likely be having a white Christmas this year. We'll have ground fog. Not pretty. I'll trade with you!

Lenae said...

How cool that they get to see the marching band! That's just too sweet and small-town perfect ;)

Having grown up in California and now living in Georgia, I wouldn't have a clue what to do if some freezing cold, white substance started falling from the sky. In fact, I'm pretty sure that when we move to my husband's home state of Ohio, I just might not make it through the first winter.

Nikki said...

You are really making me miss my home state of Ohio! I miss having the real seasons that this crazy GA does not provide. My poor kids were trying to rake up a pile of leaves in the yard today. Too bad there were only about 50 total! Your kids are really going to love Fall & Winter!!!