Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A safari in my front yard

The boys were playing quite busily in the front yard this afternoon, and every time I went to check on them, they hurried me back inside, saying, "Don't look at anything!" While that is normally an indicator of some horribe wrongdoing, Josh assured me they weren't up to anything mischievous, so I didn't look. Finally, they came in and said to come see the "jungle world we made!" Here are just a few pictures of the many, many (way more than you'll see here) plastic animals they set up in our front yard:

The plains of Africa, wherein live cheetahs, lions, zebras, and elephants:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The less-wild of the wildlife - horses gazing over a fence (which looks suspiciously like our garden hose!):

Photobucket

Dinosaur Fossils:

Photobucket

An ant hill:

Photobucket

Monkeys live in trees, where else?

Photobucket

As do snakes:

Photobucket

This must be the Amazon, given all the frogs:

Photobucket

The Ocean:

Photobucket

Josh climbing a tree to escape a hungry cheetah:

Photobucket

And, Ethan just because he's cute (and very proud of their animal world)

Photobucket

I have to say I was quite proud of their ability to sort and organize the different animals. Who says 3 and 5 year olds need to be in school to learn valuable educational tools?!

No comments: