Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Great Outdoors

I am loving the type of childhood my kids are able to have living in a place like this. We have an entire playroom full of toys that they mostly ignore. They have transformers, star wars toys, puzzles, toy guns, lightsabers, blocks, games . . . and most days they trade it all for a bicycle, a stick, and some room to play outside.

There is a great mountain trail that begins about 1/4 mile from our house, and the kids love to ride their bikes through the ever-present mud puddles. It is a beautiful trail that makes me feel like I'm on vacation every time we hike it. I can recall paying money and traveling to places in the mountains to experience activities like this!









There is also a creek at the park across the street from our house. One of my kids' favorite activities is splashing in the creek . . . when it wasn't planned. For some reason, it's always more fun when they get an unexpected "yes" while wearing their clothes than when it's planned and they're in swimsuits.

No comments: