Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chef Biscotti

This is what Joshua calls himself when he cooks, but he pronounces it Chef Biscottay (and corrects anyone who pronounces it otherwise). He loves to cook and create "experiments" in the kitchen. This is him at work on a surprise dessert for me a few days ago. (He recreated the carrot grating for the picture . . . I was truly shooed out of the kitchen while he worked. He had permission, of course.)



He asked me to slice some apples for him and then said I could not come in the kitchen again until he was done. He put the apples on a plate and circled them with blueberries. Then he topped the whole thing with lime juice and cinnamon and put it in the microwave so it would be warm and juicy. When he took it out, he added a dollop of whipped cream and some grated carrots and said, "Mom, come eat your healthy dessert!"



Chef Biscotti is welcome in my kitchen anytime.

No comments: