Friday, July 31, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday




7 Quick Takes - Trip to Georgia Edition

1.

It began with an upset stomach that morning, which caused us to be running late. Once I got some coma-inducing medication in my system, I felt a little better, and the trip continued with a dead battery in my van, discovered only when we finally got everything packed and got in said van to leave while running quite late.

Once David finally made it home from work to jump me off (seriously, it must have taken him two whole minutes), we departed and arrived in Buffalo after only one potty stop (wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles . . . 5 pts if you know the musical that came from), getting to our gate just as they were announcing our name over the loudspeaker. "Crazy Half-Asleep Drugged Mother Flying Alone with Three Children, party of 4, if you're in the boarding area please report to the gate immediately."

Of course, we rushed to the gate, boarded the plane in the most disorderly fashion possible, and got in our seats only to be told a few moments later that we would have to deplane while they change a tire. (As we were getting off, Lauren said, "Mommy, did we fly? Are we in Georgia?")

Just so you know, it apparently takes two hours to change an airplane tire. I didn't complain, though, because the last thing I want is for them to do a rush-job on the plane I'm about to fly in. Though on the other hand, how important are the wheels, really? If the wheels are being used, we must be pretty close to the ground, in which case a flat tire probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. I bet we could have gotten by with a little fix-a-flat.

Eventually, we landed safely in Atlanta and had a great two week visit with the family.

The rest of the trip I'll recap in pictures

2.

We swam.






3.


Uncle Ben threw some kids really high.







4.

We were entertained by Justin.



5.

We rehearsed for a wedding.



6.

The kids were in a wedding:










7.

They took their jobs very seriously.





There was a lot of dancing.






I wanted to dance, but I got seriously rejected. By a six year-old.

Me: Justin, want to dance with me?
Justin: Um, can I dance with Grant instead?
Me: Sure. (Justin asks almost-13-year-old Grant to dance, and he ever so surprisingly declines)
Me: Justin, I'll dance with you, buddy.
Justin: Well, I want to dance with Lauren.
Me: Why don't you want to dance with me?
Justin: Um . . . maybe Maddie will dance with you.

I know I'm not a great dancer, but really. Wow.

1 comment:

My Happy Homestead said...

Wow, what a way to start your trip to GA! Looks like the rest of the time was good.