Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A few of my favorite things

1. Sleeping on the couch with fluffy pillows and a down blanket. Unlike most people, I actually love sleeping on the couch. It has just the right amount of back support and head propping ability . . . and no kids can fit on it with me.

2. Anesthesia. It's a good thing. I wish I had gotten some to go.

3. Chocolate trinity ice cream. Seriously, if you have never tried this, run - don't walk - to your nearest Publix and grab a carton or twelve. It's Publix brand, and the heavenly allusion in the name is no exaggeration.

4. What Not to Wear. David and I have not had cable for the past five years. I've been fine with this as I seem to find enough crap to watch on the regular networks. Plus, it makes staying in a hotel extra special. (I'm pretty easy to please.) Much like living at my parents house for the past five weeks. However, I am now in love with cable, especially What Not to Wear. If anyone wanted to nominate me for this show, I would not hate you. I would love you. (I really don't think my wardrobe would qualify me as I think I dress fairly decently, but EVERYONE they makeover also seems to think this in the beginning, so maybe we're all just delusional. I'm okay with that.)

5. Photoshop. I don't have it here, and I miss it. I guess the cable makes up for it.

6. My mom. She makes a great hospital companion and knows which bumpy roads to skip on the way home.

7. David and the kids. I love them, and it just seemed wrong not to include them in my favorite things list. And, no, this list is not in any particular order. Really, I love chocolate trinity ice cream, but I wouldn't trade my child for it. At least not at the moment.

8. Sunshine.

9. Great friends who know just how to encourage me. Yella, I loved the "What shoes go with this stress?" card. I think I found just the pair . . . assuming they don't clash with my anxiety.

10. Jodi Picoult books. I just started on her newest novel yesterday, and I have barely put it down. Her stories are so gripping and controversial yet so well written that I cannot ever decide who is right and wrong.

2 comments:

Theresa Garcia said...

I l-o-v-e to sleep on the couch. This is the first week in over a month that I have actually slept in my bed.

beckygiggles said...

Those Jodi Picoult books really suck you in, don't they? I've read a couple I didn't really like, but you still HAVE to get to the end, don't you?