Thursday, January 29, 2009

Career Day

It's homecoming week at Josh's school, which means each day there has been a particular theme for dressing up. Monday was pajama day, Tuesday was Western day, Wednesday was sports day, and today was career day.

If you ask Josh what he wants to be when he grows up, I can almost guarantee you he will say "scientist." He's said that for over a year now, and so far he's holding steady.

If you know me at all, you know I am not crafty, but I did my best with one of David's old white dress shirts and an old pair of glasses. Josh decided the particular type of scientist he wanted to be for career day was a paleontologist.





This is what he came up with to put in his "scientist case:" a necklace made out of buffalo teeth, some tiny plastic animals, binoculars, a pen, some rubber gloves, a canteen, and apparently this paleontologist got lucky and unearthed an entire spinosaurus, skin and all:



This was the first picture I took. I said, "Josh, stand on the bricks so I can take your picture," and this is the pose he struck.



I wish I had taken pictures of the other days, but, well, you know me . . . nothing but intentions.

No comments: