Monday, June 23, 2008

Ethan's birthday party

Ethan's 4th birthday party went off without a hitch on Saturday. He had all of his cousins there plus a few friends, and he had a GREAT time. The cake had a small accident on the way to the car, but thankfully, it was not harmed terribly. Still tasted heavenly, and that's all that matters, right? I have to admit, after all the hard work I put into decorating it, I was a little bit sad to see it devoured so quickly!

Here's the birthday boy showing off his rapidly-developing swimming and jumping skills:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And, because Joshua HATES to be left out of pictures:

Photobucket

Blythe getting a little boost from dad:

Photobucket

Grant's pool hairdo:

Photobucket

What my parents' pool looks like every Saturday and Sunday afternoon:

Photobucket

The new bike:

Photobucket

Ethan and his cake, smiling dutifully for mom:

Photobucket

Ethan making the expression he wanted to make before mom said, "JUST smile, please" (because I'm sure you all believe that's how politely I always talk to my kids.)

Photobucket

Singing "Happy Birthday:"

Photobucket

Priceless expression when he saw his voice-altering Optimus Prime helmet:

Photobucket

More great loot:

Photobucket

And, of course, a Transformers pinata:

Photobucket

2 comments:

kim said...

WOW! Looks like an awesome party! Way to go on that cake too! He does know not everyone gets an Optimus Prime cake right??!!!! How I wish we had a guitar backup for HB AND access to that pool on the w/es!

beck'sthree said...

lol, Kim, there was actually a horn section, too! That's my brother on the guitar, and David was accompanying him on the trumpet. :)