Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cute girls at the beach

No, I don't mean me, Yella, and E . . . of course, I'm referring to our little girls, Lauren, Madelaine, and Kate. Lauren and I just back tonight from a whirlwind trip to Jacksonville to visit two of my closest friends from law school, Daniella (or Danniela if she prefers to remain cloaked in her shroud of mystery!) and Elisabeth. As it happens, we all have daughters aged 2 or 3, so it was such a treat to be able to get together with our little girls and play and take them to the beach. (Yes, my boys got shafted and had to stay home.) Here are a few highlight pics:

Lauren and Kate:
Photobucket

Maddie:
Photobucket

Kate digging:
Photobucket

Lauren playing in the sand:
Photobucket

Maddie having a blast in the water:
Photobucket

Mommies and daughters:
Photobucket

Lauren and Kate getting cups of water from brave Aunt E:
Photobucket

Maddie and Kate:
Photobucket

Lauren and I, unfortunately, did not get to spend much time there. We arrived Sunday evening around 8:45, and Kate was already in bed. Lauren and Maddie hit it off and became fast friends, despite a few quarrels over who would get to sit in the coveted Dora chair. Monday morning we went to the beach and then brought the girls home for a much-needed bath and nap. Last night we went to eat at a nice outdoor mall area, where the girls saw some cool fish and turtles in a little pond and then got to indulge in ice cream from Marble Slab. Of course, Yella (short for Daniella for those not-quite-lightning-speed-thinkers out there who haven't figured that out yet), E, and I sat up talking until 1am the first night and 2am the second, so I am utterly exhausted. But, I figure when you see a person only 1 or 2 times a year, you might as well suck the best out of every minute you have, right? Here's hoping all of you have friends worth losing sleep for. :)

No comments: