Monday, November 10, 2008

Another blessing

Yes, I know this seems a bit like phoning it in, but these two songs I pray and sing over my children are truly precious to me. This is another Dennis Jernigan song (He's an awesome songwriter; you'd know him from "All in All" (You are my stength when I am weak . . . ). He's worth checking out if for no other reason than to hear and learn the words to the song "This is My Destiny" - a life changing song for me.) However, that's not the song tonight's blog post is about. This one is called "I Bless You," and the words to this one are framed and hanging in my boys' bedroom. We sing and pray it often.

I Bless You
by Dennis Jernigan

I bless you with joy and peace
And love that won’t let go
I bless you with grace and faith
And fire in your soul
I bless you with dreams and visions
Most men don’t know of
I bless you with deeper knowledge
Of our Father’s Love

I bless you with the heart of a warrior,
Grace to stand and fight
I bless you with brothers
Who will stand right by your side
I bless you with courage
Till the battles have been won
I bless you with the faith to hear your Father say,
“Well done!”

I bless you with joy and laughter
I bless you with a steadfast faith
I bless you with the hopes and the dreams
That your heart goes after
I bless you with amazing grace

No comments: