Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Beauty Revealed



As I was driving through our newly blanketed town today, I couldn't help but think how pretty everything looks in the snow. It may be tough to walk through, difficult to drive in, and beyond annoying to get off of my kitchen floor, but at least it's pretty.

In fact, I bet you could take the most abandoned and run-down looking of shacks and cover it with snow, and it would look beautiful. Something about the pristine whiteness of newly fallen snow just overshadows everything else about the object on which it falls and reveals its true beauty.

Reminds me of the blood of a Savior I know.

Speaking of the Messiah to come, Isaiah wrote:

The Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted . . . to give those who mourn in Zion beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of fainting, so they will be called oaks of righteousness, planted by the Lord, so that He may be glorified.

Isaiah 61:1-3

Lord, thank you that you came to rescue me and to cover me with your beautiful blood.

No comments: