Monday, March 15, 2010

Some thoughts as I sit

So you know how long it's been since I last blogged? I'm pretty sure that's how long it's been since I sat down.

Somehow in the last couple of years since my kids have all become old enough to walk and talk and wipe their own rear ends, I began to take sitting down for granted. I remember that when they were very small I never sat, but recently I've done lots of sitting. Plenty even.

Until I went back to work.

Granted, I do sit when I'm at work, but sitting in a tense, hunched-over, must-deal-with-this-emergency-now-because-I-haven't-worked-in-over-five-years-and-I'm-constantly-afraid-I'll-screw-up-and-lose-my-license manner doesn't really count, does it?

Lately my life has become a blur of laundry and dishes and handling cases and transporting children to lessons and babysitters and going to court and more laundry and traveling and coaching mock trial and more laundry and cooking (notice how late in the list that one came) and handling work phone calls from home because they justcannotwait until I'm in the office again and did I mention laundry?

I so don't mean to be a whiner. I realize that I have a truly great life wherein I'm able to spend lots of time with my kids, work with my husband, and live in a warm home with plenty of food and a comfortable - oh, I'm so tired I shouldn't mention my comfortable - bed.

But I'm tired, and the only thing that seems to be able to give lately is my blog. Well, that and my cooking, but that was never all that great to begin with.

So I apologize for the ever-increasing time between posts. I stand in awe of women who take care of their families and work and blog. I bow down to you.

Or at least I least I will if I ever decide to get my butt out of this chair. It may be a while.

2 comments:

Lenae said...

You are awesome, lady! Hope you're able to sneak in some rest between all those tasks, and your faithful readers -such as myself :)- will be here waiting whenever you pop in to say hello :D

Carol DD in CA said...

I admire your durability in returning to work as a lawyer while raising (still small) children. We know you always do your very best...that's a given. I agree with Lenae, check in when you can to keep your fans up to date.♥♥♥