Friday, March 19, 2010




1.

I would like it duly noted that this makes my fifth post in five days. Apparently, I'm trying to make up for all that lost blogging time. I haven't actually written all five days; I wrote two posts a couple of times and scheduled them to post on different days. Because I'm smart like that.

2.

I'm thinking Lauren does not have a firm grasp on what "accidental" means. She broke a toy yesterday, and I asked her what happened.

Lauren: I accidentally broke this.
Me: How did you accidentally break it?
Lauren: Well, I was just bending it to see if it would break, and it broke.

Huh. Imagine that.

3.

Looking forward to girl time with my law school peeps this weekend.

Don't worry; I only use words like "peeps" when I'm with them or referring to them . . . something about them just brings out my inner gangsta. I'ma be hangin' and partying all up in Funk's crib.

4.

I'm pretty sure QT #3 is exactly why I should not write blog posts after midnight. Nothing good ever comes of it.

I typically am not up past midnight these days. I crash nightly during the opening scene of Scrubs or Unwrapped, which both come on at 11.

Not sure what my point is.

6.

Ethan came to me tonight about 20 minutes after I put him to bed. He came in the room with tears welling and said, "Mommy, I'm crying but I don't know why!"

I held him for a minute and asked him if something hurt or if something had made him sad. "I don't think so, but I just don't know."

I said, "Buddy, I bet you're just tired."
"Actually, I think I might know why I'm crying."
"Really? Why?"
"Because you didn't answer me when I said I couldn't sleep."

Seriously? Do you know how many nights anywhere from one to three of my children call out from their beds that they can't sleep? Um, try seven out of seven. Every night. Multiple times.

"Mommy, I can't sleep!"
"Mom, my head hurts."
"Mom, my eyes won't stay closed."
"Mommy, I think my tummy hurts."
"Mommy, I've been closing my eyes but I'm still awake."
"Mommy, Ethan won't be quiet."
"Mom, Josh is keeping me awake."
"Mommy, I'm scared!"

What's that, you're tired of reading these? Trust me, I feel your pain.

I did not feel Ethan's.

7.

Don't forget to head over to Conversion Diary for some great Quick Takes.

1 comment:

Bill said...

What happened to #5?

re: #6
I like Bill Cosby's suggestion:
"If you put one foot out of this bed, the thing that lives under the bed is going to get you."