Thursday, March 6, 2008

And away we go

So, I finally decided to hop on the blogging bandwagon. Seems like a good way to keep the family near and far up to date on what's going on with the kids and to show off new pictures. Because, really, how can more pictures of my kids be a bad thing? Not to mention the fact that I am house-bound thanks to the painfully slow surgery recovery process, alone, and not allowed to do housework. So, since I have nothing better to do, here I sit sharing my thoughts with you. Whoever you happen to be.

For those who haven't been following my life lately (as unfathomable as that may seem), I recently had surgery to repair a massive avm (look it up) that was located near my kidney and endangering my heart health. Surgery was a success, but I'm now recovering with a 10 inch incision that starts at my belly button and then makes an S shape all the way around my left side. My doctor says I look like I've been in a really good knife fight. Maybe that's the story I'll tell some day. The kids have been basically moved out of the house for the past 3 weeks, the boys staying with my parents and Lauren staying with Ben and Renae. Lauren has been eating up the attention and is in no hurry to return home. Joshua informs me that he would like to stay at Gaga's house for just 300 more nights and then come home. Yep, they know how to make a mom feel loved.

Since I'm new to this blogging thing, I thought I'd post a few test pics just to make sure this thing really works. What a waste of time the last 15 minutes have been if not. Control C, control C, control C . . .

In case anyone didn't get our Christmas card, here's the picture that was on it . . . along with my sincerest apology for not sending you a Christmas card.

Photobucket

No comments: