Friday, October 8, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday



1.

I'm having an MRI this afternoon. I've had several, so I'm not overly freaked out about it, but they always make me nervous.

It's not so much the closed-space, claustrophobia issues that most people have.

It's the irrational fear that I have metal somewhere on me. I double and triple check that I don't have on my wedding rings or a necklace, but there's still always that concern that I have a steel plate in my head that I don't remember.

Is it bad that I think I wrote about this last time I had an MRI, but I'm not sure?

2.

Words cannot describe how glad I will be when soccer season is over. This three-kids-on-three-different-teams thing is wearing me thin. Add coaching one of those teams, and I've about reached my limit.

3.

Had to take Joshua back to the dentist in Corning, NY yesterday to have the kid version of a root canal. He did really well, but boy did it make me wish we had a pediatric dentist closer than 75 miles away.

4.

I realized something while driving to Corning. There is a pretty simple formula for creating a small town. If you'd like to try it, here's the recipe:

1 Dollar General
1 Fox's Pizza
1 Buchanan Brother's Pharmacy
1 Tastee Freeze (or some other "uniquely" spelled ice cream place)
1 Acorn or 1 Sheetz
1 hardware store
1 VFW or American Legion Post
1 school
a few churches

Combine all of the above within a 1-2 mile radius, and you have just about every town within 50 miles of my house, my own town included.

5.

My momma is coming tomorrow!!

Not only that, but she's bringing two of my four awesome nieces, one of my amazing cousins, and one fantastic friend who is like an aunt to me because she's been my mom's close friend for so much of my life.

If I can survive till tomorrow and stay awake all the way to Buffalo to pick them up, I will be one happy gal.

6.

Which is why I should be cleaning my house instead of writing Quick Takes. Oh, and did I mention that Josh's birthday party is the day after they arrive?

It's official. I've lost my mind.

7.

For Quick Takes by people who are not as desperately in need of getting off the computer as I am, head over to Conversion Diary.

1 comment:

Farmer's City Wife said...

How exciting to have your mom come! My mother lives 1800 miles away and has only been able to come once :(.

The people in my area were fed up with soccer-taking-over-life issue, so they started a "family league." I'm forgetting the exact details, but it was something like: Ages 5-7 on a team, 8-10, 11-13, 14+... all the games are on Saturday, and the practices are right before the games (practice from 10-11, game from 11-12); the parents coached and refereed. It only costs $8 to join the league (to cover field rentals, I think) and was a lot of fun. Not exactly what would be needed for soccer-scholarship-college-bound kids, but for the average "run around and kick the ball" player it was pretty great!