Monday, July 26, 2010

Take Five

My life in five quick takes:

1.
For those of you who have asked, Ethan is doing very well. He feels just fine and seems to be suffering no ill effects from the accident. I told a friend tonight that I'm amazed at how active he can be without riding a bike, running, jumping, or climbing trees. He spends a lot of time in the creek catching crawdads.

2.
The kids set up a stand on the sidewalk last week to sell their crawdads. They made signs that said, "Crayfish: 2 for 25 cents." When they informed me of this plan, I told them not to get their hopes up because no one was going to buy their crayfish.

Boy was I wrong. They sold 8 of them. They also added lemonade to their inventory and managed to make almost $25. (This was split between my kids and the neighbors who were also involved in this joint venture.)

3.
I would LOVE to show you pictures of said crayfish/lemonade stand, but I am having a problem with my SD card. For some reason, my computer cannot find any data on it even though when it's in my camera, the pictures appear just fine.

I am about as literate in computers as I am in Swahili, so the information I'm finding on my google searches is less than helpful. Something about drivers, but I don't think they are referring to cars or golf clubs.

4.
I am officially retiring from my 13 month volleyball career tonight. For the sake of myself and my fellow players, I am done. This has mostly to do with the fact that I'm pretty irrelevant to most of the plays, but my swansong happened to coincide with jamming or breaking or stoving my left index finger.

Are you familiar with the term stove as a verb? Meaning sprain? Me either.

Someone wrote this to me in a text a few months ago ("I stoved my wrist"), and I figured it was a typo. Then tonight David kept saying I stoved my finger. Huh?

5.
Have I mentioned that I'm in physical therapy for my back? It's been getting worse and worse for the past few months, and now that I'm in physical therapy, it's getting even worse.

Yay.

Since my first appointment, my PT has diagnosed me with a rotated vertebra, a degenerative disc, and a hypermobile sacro-iliac joint. All at different appointments.

I'm not sure if she keeps finding new things or if she was just wrong on all the first counts. Oh well, at least she's helping my pain get worse, so I'm getting something for my money, right?

1 comment:

Lenae said...

I have never heard of the verb 'to stove' either... interesting. It sounds like your retirement is for the best, but I am a bit sad because your participation yielded some great blog material :)

Speaking of my favorite posts here on your blog (and this is coming way out of nowhere), have you heard of the new GPS system which employs the voices of Star Wars characters?! That's right... I associate you with GPS systems. Anyway, I thought I'd give you a heads-up :)

I'm so glad to hear that Ethan is doing well and hasn't been too hindered in having fun.