Sunday, June 6, 2010

Logic is not their stong suit

As evidence thereof I offer the following two conversations:


#1.

Lauren: "Mommy, can I have a treat?"

Me: No, you already had ice cream today.

L: But, I reeeaaally need something sweet!

M: No, you may not have any more sweets today.

L: How about just a lollipop?

M: No.

L: I know!! How about one of those cookies I don't like? (We have chewy chips ahoy in the
cabinet, and we all agree they are terrible.)

M: No, it's still a sweet.

L: But, mommy, I don't even like them!!

I had to shake my head at her logic and cringe at her obvious sugar addiction.

#2.

Joshua: "Mom, come watch what I can do," he says as he jumps off the side of our porch and over our HUGE rhododendron bushes.

Me: Um, that doesn't look very safe, Bud.

Josh: Can you believe I can do that??!

Me: No, I'm definitely surprised. It looks sort of unsafe, though.

J: I know. I pray every time I jump.

M: Josh, if you have to pray that you don't get hurt doing something, it's probably not a good idea to do it.

J: Can I keep doing it please? I won't pray this time!

No comments: